As a student, having a successful graduation can depend on planning it from the beginning. Estrella Mountain Community College (EMCC) has done a great job making this much easier with the Maricopa to Arizona State University Pathways Program (MAPP).
Juantia Parra, a student services specialist at EMCC explains that the program is designed for students who plan to pursue a two-year degree at a Maricopa Community College and complete a Bachelor’s Degree at ASU. In MAPP, students follow a prescribed sequence of course work at a Maricopa Community College that meets the lower-division course requirements for an ASU major.
When students complete their MAPP, they will have met the requirements for an associate’s degree and be on track toward earning their chosen bachelor’s degree at ASU. These requirements must be met within a period of three years.
There are many benefits to the MAPP program:
• Guaranteed admission to ASU degree programs when all MAPP requirements are met.
• 24/7 access to electronic tools, including the Pathway Tracker and My ASU to provide clear documentation of degree progress.
• Access to ASU transfer specialists and other pre-enrollment services on site at Maricopa Community Colleges.
• Eligibility to participate in the ASU Tuition Commitment for Arizona residents,
• Invitations to special college events at ASU.
The MAPP not only gets students on track to become an Arizona State Sundevil, but it also keeps them on track to receiving an associate’s degree and graduating from Estrella Mountain Community College.
When students become part of this program, they are able to stay focused and know which classes they need and will be taking while at the community college. Graduation would be the next step before moving on in their life life.
Here at EMCC the application process is fairly simple. All students need to do it follow three steps.
1. Complete Graduation Application (must be signed by advisor)
2. Complete graduate survey,
3. Submit completed application to Enrollment Services. (Komatke Hall)
For more information, visit the Advisement web page.